Saturday, August 7, 2010

Something New!

...and no pun intended with the title of my first post!

This has been a project in the making for quite some time now. I have no clue where this might be headed, but I figured I'd at least just share what I've done!

I'm one of those people who follows too many blogs, and checks them all at least 10 times a day! Matt always asks, "Do you really think there's going to be something different each time you look at them?" Well, the answer is most likely "no" but I can't help but hope there's something new to read!

I'm also one of those people who sees pictures that I like and I HAVE to save them because they're either:
  • the most amazing picture I've ever seen;
  • they have pretty colors;
  • they have something I want;
  • there's just something about the picture I will need later in life! (ok..probably not!)

Well, I decided it was time to do something with those pictures. I started pulling together similar pictures and putting them all together on one document. I had seen blogs about inspiration boards, so that's where this part of the project came from. I've played around with different Microsoft options and I've also found a website where you can pull together images and make inspiration boards online and save them to your computer.

I was going through my usual list of checking blogs, when I came back to Lindye Galloway Events and her blog post on 7/27 with wedding color inspirations just made me sit down and actually start pulling things together, getting this new blog up and hope that people will also look at my ideas! (And if you checked out her post, her images were nicely placed and it looked very geometric! While I love the cleanliness of her images, I find myself putting my pictures in more of a hodge-podge. Let me know if you think the hodge-podge-y-ness is too crazy.) -and yes, I just made up that word :)

Well, here is the end of the intro to my new hobby and project. Let me know what you may think, and get ready for the 1st [hopefully] inspiring post!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm your first follower! (: Ahaha.
    I love this idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lindsey! I have to say, I was VERY nervous about even telling people! lol

    ReplyDelete